OUR VISION, PURPOSE, AND GUIDING PRINCIPLES
New Leaf has a sacred intention: to play an active role in fostering individual and collective spiritual awakening by being the nexus of trading partners for commerce in conscious books and other products yielding prosperity for all.
To best serve our retailer customers, our priorities are to be a ‘one-stop’ source carrying a wide selection of quality, saleable books and products that serve our intention, to provide the highest level of service and to offer effective support to build their sales and help more people. To best serve our vendor customers, our priorities are to effectively stock and deliver their products and to provide effective marketing programs for them to reach our retailer customers and their end user customers. To best serve our staff, our priorities are to provide just material reward, to foster an atmosphere of mutual respect, to support each individual to reach her inner and outer potential and to lead by applying the principles of “servant leadership” on the part of management.
Our work serves a cause: the outer planetary crisis is a reflection of the crisis each of us is living and only a change in consciousness can bring us through.
Our Guiding Principles:
- Never compromise on honesty and integrity.
- Make spirituality real and supreme by practical application.
- Strive in all interactions and endeavors to develop enthusiastically satisfied customers all of the time.
- New Leaf grows and prospers by helping our customers to grow and prosper.
- Provide the best possible work environment, and treat each other with respect and dignity.
- Apply the highest standards of excellence to all processes throughout the company.
- Encourage constructive feedback throughout all levels of the organization.
- Empower our people to creatively employ all their talents.
- Recognize that profitability is essential to our future success.
- Embrace diversity honoring and respecting all persons as children of the One God regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, level of intelligence, nationality, age or any other apparent difference.
- Contribute positively to our community, our human family and our precious planet.
- Recognize that fiscal responsibility is essential to our environmental future.
- Instill environmental responsibility as a corporate value by striving to buy, sell and use environmentally friendly products and by reusing and recycling whenever possible.
- The supremacy of God over religion; that whatever religion brings one closer to God is right for that person.